Protective Case for 32184 "C" & 32764 "F" Thermostats
Clear Acrylic case for 32184-MP and 32764-MP digital thermostats. Precut for terminal strip, switches & Relay access. Includes Hardware.
THERMOSTAT NOT INCLUDED
Assembly Required L: 2-5/16" W: 2" T: 5/8" WT: .08
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Nickel which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects and/or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Click to see Why is this here?
As of August 2018 the State of California has changed the requirements of the “Prop 65” law. We now must list on our website any possible chemicals the can cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive problem.
As an example:
ABS plastic contains styrene
PVC wire insulation can contain Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP)
electrolytic capacitors can contain Ethylene glycol
Brass can contain Lead
flame retardant pc boards can contain Tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA)
Aluminum alloys can contain Chromium
To put it simply we are a small company and do not have the resources to test every single part, so we list every thing as hazardous. Please recycle all electronic parts responsibly and under no circumstance eat, drink or smoke these parts and wash your hands after touching!
This protective case barely does what it claims - it protects the circuit board of the 32184 and 32764 thermostats - sort of. But it seems to have been designed with the single goals of making the smallest box that the thermostat circuit board would fit into and using the absolute minimum of acrylic. I found so many downsides and objections that I felt obliged to do this review.
1. It does keep fingers, tool, and other conductive items away from the thermostat circuit board.
2. The clear acrylic allows the digital display to be seen.
3. All hardware necessary to mount the thermostat and assemble the box is included.
4. The parts fit together well.
1. No assembly instructions are included nor are any available on the website. It took a bit of time and several tries to learn how to put it together. Simple instructions would have avoided this waste of time.
2. The parts come with the protective paper left on both sides. It is fairly difficult and tedious to remove, and serves no useful purpose. It would be preferable to have it removed before cutting the parts, making them ready to assemble out of the bag.
3. Assembly is cumbersome, and I realized there is a sequence that should be followed to ease the process. An instruction sheet would have eliminated this learning curve.
4. The box corner screws were much longer than necessary.
5. No provision for mounting the completed box is provided. A slightly larger size would have allowed for mounting tabs.
6. There are no provisions for strain relief for the power, relay, and thermistor cables.
7. The box is tiny - it does not even completely enclose the thermostat. The relay and wire connectors extend outside the box through openings cut into the face of the box. A slightly larger box would have allowed the entire thermostat to be enclosed.
8. The box is neither water, weather, nor dust resistant with all the openings cut into it. A slightly larger design would have allowed for cable strain relief, and at least some water- and dust-resistance.
Overall not a bad product if all you want is something to keep your fingers off the back of the thermostat circuit board and you can live with all these objections, but it could be made much better with a few simple design changes.
- Bud P., KS
Nice item! Very quick service! A+++++ ebayer! Thanks!